APPIA ANTICA WAY IN THE SECTION BETWEEN THE CHURCH OF THE "DOMINE QUO VADIS?" AND THE VTH MILE SEPULCHERS.
This is one of the most stunning itineraries on the Appian Way, or Regina Viarum, -as Roman citizens used to call it. Starting from the “Domine Quo vadis?” church to the Nymphaeum of Quintili’s Villa. You will explore an incessant series of different tombs, among them the grand Cecilia Metella Tomb.
N.B. Possibility to include also a guided tour into the Catacombs of St. Callixtus or St. Sebastian. You are in a holy place, please dress appropriately
- MEETING/ENDING POINT: 58/60, Via Appia Antica
- DURATION: 3 h
- DISTANCE: 12,5 km (7,5 miles)
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- ENTRANCE INCLUDED (FREE:Circus and Villa of Massenzio, Mausoleum of Romolo, Villa Capo di Bove (outdoor area)
- TRAIL: dirt path, sampietrino and cobblestones
- SUGGESTED FOR: from 12 years upwards