Official Appia Antica Bike Tour (Route B)
From the “Domine Quo Vadis Church” to the 5th mile
Tired of lining up at the entrance of the monuments? Our guide will lead you away from the classical sightseeing to head toward the outskirt of Rome. The huge protected area of the Regional Park of the Appian Way welcomes you with all its 4580 hectares. Just 2 km away from Circus Maximus, discover our green lung crowded with churches, catacombs, tombs, and villas of the Roman Empire flanking the famous Appia Antica. We’re ready to craft your dream tour. Come and join us!
This tour lasts for 3 hours and covers a route of 12 miles.
Daily, except Wednesday
- Professional guide
- High quality e-bikes/bikes
- Helmets, locks & maps
- Child seats up to 20 kg (upon request)
- Starting Point: Our office at Via Appia Antica 60.
- Circus & Villa of Maxentius (inside) – the most well–preserved Roman circus in the world.
- Mausoleum of Romulus (inside) – the tomb of an emperor’s son who drowned in the Tiber.
- Tomb of Caecilia Metella (outside) – the Appia’s most imposing tomb, dedicated to a relative of Marcus Crassus.
- Capo di Bove bath complex (inside) – baths belonging to the multi-millionaire philosopher Herodes Atticus.
- Villa of the Quintili (outside) – a villa complex so big archaeologists initially thought it was another city!
- Return to our office.
Know Before You Go
- Guided tours can be tailor-made upon request, also with the final visit into the catacombs
- The e-Bike is super comfortable but heavier than normal to push: make sure to have the ability to handle it also while pedaling!
- Those who prefer not to cycle can purchase a golf-cart tour to do halfway together or get tips to walk different and more accessible itineraries
- Do you want to bring something with you? Use our free lockers at the office.
- Please read our Cancellation Policy
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.