Rome: Appian Way & Catacombs Guided Tour by Golf Cart | Shared - Small groups
One of the biggest archaeological parks of the world, is waiting for you on our golf cart. Venture with us on the famous Appian Way where Spartacus, Crassus and Commodus left their marks for ever.
Tired of lining up in front of the city’s must see attractions? 3 km from the Colosseum, there’s and incredible protected area of 4580 hectares and more than 2000 years of history. The famous Appian Way where Spartacus was defeated together with his 6000 slaves, the catacombs, the Circus of Emperor Maxentius (set of Ben Hur) together with many other sites are waiting for you. A peaceful experience to dive into nature and local anecdotes so far from mass tourism that you won’t believe you’re still in the capital.
Fri, Sat, Sun
- Professional guide (english speaking)
- Golf Cart Tour of the Appian Way (3h)
- 1/2l water per person
- Entrance fee to the Catacombs (guided tour include)
- The Domine Quo Vadis church and the encounter between Christ and Saint Peter
- Catacombs tour: law and faith in a parallel world dug underground
- Circus of Maxentius – the history of one of the biggest circuses
- The Tomb of Metella – the unknown woman related to the richest man of Rome
- Quintili’s Villa and the plots against emperor Commodus
Know Before You Go
- catacombs tour: wheelchairs are not permitted in the catacombs due to the architectural barriers of the monument (50 irregular steps to descend, as many to climb; no chance to sit on the way; no lift). Please, dress appropriately and remind that it’s about 16°!
- Not suitable for: children under 2 years, pregnant women, wheelchair users
- Please read our Cancellation Policy.