Official Caffarella Valley &
Appia Antica Bike Tour (Route A)
For nature & history lovers: the Caffarella Valley & first 3 miles of the Appia Antica
Are you a history and nature lover? The Appia Antica and the Caffarella Valley are just what you need. Get to know the llamas, horses, and rabbits of the Roman valley. A history full of battles, love, betrayals, and anecdotes leading to the most ancient Roman road where artists from all over the world like Goethe and Stendhal got their inspiration to bring forth their masterpieces.
Our tour covers around 4 miles and lasts 3 hours.
Daily, except Wednesday
- Professional guide
- High-quality e-bikes/bikes
- Helmets, locks & maps
- Child seats up to 20 kg (upon request)
- Starting Point: Our office at Via Appia Antica 60.
- Caffarella Valley: Nymphaeum of Egeria (open air) – a stunning natural water spring, rooted in legend.
- Circus and Villa of Maxentius (inside): an imperial villa complex and the set of Ben-Hur
- Tomb of Cecilia Metella (outside): the most imposing tomb on the Via Appia.
- Capo di Bove Bath Complex (inside): a thermal complex belonging to the multi-millionaire philosopher, Herodes Atticus.
- Return to our office.
Know Before You Go
- Perfect for children: there are a few spots with animals that you can touch!
- Guided tours can be tailor-made upon request, also with the final visit into the catacombs
- The e-bike is super comfortable but heavier than normal to push: make sure to have the ability to handle it also while pedaling!
- Those who prefer not to cycle can purchase a golf-cart tour to do a parallel tour or get tips to walk a part of it.
- Please read our Cancellation Policy.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.