Official Caffarella Valley Walking Tour
For lovers of the Great Outdoors
Do you already know the animals living on the Appia Antica? Come to the Caffarella Valley: llamas, horses, goats, rabbits, and other animals are waiting for you. Stop at the hobby farm before discovering the sacred woods, the Nymphaeum of Egeria, and the Temple of God Redicolous – protector of wayfarers.
2.5 hours - 1,2 miles
- Professional guide
- Starting Point: Our office (Via Appia Antica, 60)
- Domine Quo Vadis Church – the history of Saint Peter and Paul
- Caffarella Valley: Hobby farm
- The cenotaph of Annia Regilla: the noblewoman married to Erode Attico, the richest philosopher throughout history
- Nymphaeum of Egeria and sacred woods (open air) -the nymph, Numa Pompilio and the sacred river: between history and myth
Know Before You Go
- Tailor-made for families with kids, and simply perfect for anyone looking for a quiet and enjoyable guided walk
- According to the opening time, it’s possible to stop by at Casale della Vaccareccia to buy some locally produced cheese
- People on wheelchairs: please note that the Valley is quite hilly, don’t hesitate to contact us for any details
- Please read our Cancellation Policy
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.