A ride in the historical and archeological area along the Appian way and wine tasting into the “L’Orto di Alberico” organic restaurant.
A bike ride along a route unique in the world, following the ancient Appian way, among sepulchres, ancient villas and churches like in a real time travel. You’ll see the original cobblestones of the Roman time surrounded by a unique background of paths and ruins to end up at “L’Orto d’Alberico” made with products coming from their vegetable garden.
- MEETING/ENDING POINT: 58/60, Via Appia Antica ℅ Info Point Appia Antica
- DURATION: 4 hours (bike ride + food tasting)
- TASTING SESSION: 1 hour
- DISTANCE: 7,5 (mi)
- DIFFICULTY: moderate, low gradient
- TRAIL: dirt road, cobblestones (Sampietrino), ancient cobblestone.
- Landmark visits (exterior): Tomb of Caecilia Metella, the church of St. Nicholas
- ENTRANCE INCLUDED: no
- SUGGESTED FOR: from 12 years upwards
- FOOD TASTING : organic restaurant “L’orto di Alberico”, located at 34, Via di Fioranello