A ride in the historical and archaeological area along the Appian way and tasting of local products in the farm Azienda Agricola Regina Viarum.
A bike ride along a route unique in the world, following the ancient Appian way. Lined with cypress trees and family tombs just as in the ancient roman times the Appian way still maintains its charm after more than two thousand years. After the bike ride we will visit Federica Gianni’s farm, who produces genuine products with love and respect, with the help of her family. In this part of the countryside we will sample a series of products such as olive oil and seasonal fruits and vegetables complemented by a glass of wine from the Riserva della Cascina.
- MEETING/ENDING POINT: 58/60, Via Appia Antica ℅ Info Point Appia Antica
- DURATION: 4 hours (bike ride + food tasting)
- TASTING SESSION: 1 hour
- DISTANCE: 16 Km
- DIFFICULTY: moderate, low gradient
- TYPE OF BICYCLE: city-bike, e-bike (helmet included)
- TRAIL: dirt road, cobblestones (Sampietrino), ancient cobblestone.
- Landmark visits (exterior): Tomb of Caecilia Metella, the church of St. Nicholas
- ENTRANCE INCLUDED: no
- TASTING: Azienda Agricola Regina Viarum, a farm located in via Appia Antica, 300