Bike Tour & Farm-to-Table Food & Wine Tasting
A ride in the historical and archaeological area along the Appian way and tasting of local products on the farm Azienda Agricola Regina Viarum.
A bike ride along a route unique in the world, following the ancient Appian way. Lined with cypress trees and family tombs just as in the ancient roman times the Appian way still maintains its charm after more than two thousand years. After the bike ride we will visit Federica Gianni’s farm, who produces genuine products with love and respect, with the help of her family. In this part of the countryside we will sample a series of products such as olive oil and seasonal fruits and vegetables complemented by a glass of wine from the Riserva della Cascina.
- Departure / Return Point: Via Appia Antica, 58/60 Centro Servizi Appia Antica
- Duration: 4 hours
- Distance: 10 miles / 16km
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Sites visited (free): N/A
- Degustation Location: Azienda Agricola Regina Viarum, a farm located in via Appia Antica, 300
- Accessibility: Dirt road, cobblestone, Roman basalt, asphalt
- Recommended age: 12+
Daily, except Wednesday
- Professional tour guide
- City bike or e-bike (helmet included)
- Food & wine tasting
- Depart from EcoBike Information Center (Via Appia Antica 60)
- Tomb of Caecilia Metella (outside) – one of the greatest tombs still standing in the Roman Empire
- Church of Saint Nicholas (exterior)
- Ancient Stretch of the Via Appia.
- Farm-to-table tasting at Azienda Agricola Regina Viarum.
- Return to EcoBike Information Center
Know Before You Go
- Please read our Cancellation Policy.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.