Official Appia Antica Golf Cart Tour (Route E)
From the Church of Domine Quo Vadis to the first 4 miles of the Via Appia Antica
Tired of walking and queuing up? What about an eco-friendly tour on the Appia Antica? Snuggle up in our golf cart and let us drive you through history to appreciate the main landmarks of the park while being comfortably seated. Come to know the legends of ancient Rome and stop when you want to admire sepulchers, tombs and Roman villas.
We’ll be together for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Professional driver or guide
- Starting Point: Our office at Via Appia Antica, 60
- Domine Quo Vadis Church – connected to the miraculous vision of Jesus and his footprints on the pavement
- Circus and Villa of Maxentius (inside) – history of the battle of Maxentius -the last Roman emperor – vs Constantine
- San Sebastiano Church – Here, you’ll have the opportunity to visit the baroque church with the Salvator Mundi, the last work made by the artist Gian Lorenzo Bernini
- Tomb of Caecilia Metella (outside) -the most well-preserved tomb standing on a lava plateau of 260.000 years
- Capo di Bove (inside) -excavated just 15 years ago: from being a simple private villa to the excavation of the archaeological site
- Back to our office
Know Before You Go
- The golf cart seats up to 6 people including our driver.
- Tours go ahead even in case of drizzle.
- Why not also venture into the catacombs where millions of Christians and popes were buried? 4 levels of endless tunnels dug out into 4 levels! A catacombs-licensed guide will welcome you, at the end of our tour, to admire the catacombs of S. Callistus or S. Sebastian, the latter with the Salvator Mundi, the last work of Gian Lorenzo Bernini. Cost €10/person with 45 minutes of a guided tour. Please note: there haven’t been human remains inside the catacombs for centuries, so children are welcome.
- Please read our Cancellation Policy.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.