EcoBike manages the main tourist information office along the Ancient Appian WayAncient Appian Way, or “Regina Viarum”.
It provides different kind of services for tourists visiting Rome who would like to explore the Appia Antica Park.
We organize several educational itineraries to discover the main archaeological, historical and naturalistic attractions of the Park. The guided tours are available for groups and for private families; on foot, by bike, on e-bike (electric assisted bike) and on electric golf car and allow to visit all the main points of interest of the park.
The tourist information office of the Appia Antica Park opened in 2005 and it is managed by EcoBike from April 2014; since 2005 it supports tourists visiting the Park.
The tourist information office provides:
- Rental bikes for adults and children, e-bikes, child seats
- Guided tours by bike or on foot for scholars institutes, corporate events and private tours
- Maps, brochures about the Park and Park events
- Bus tickets (ATAC)
- RomaPass (link)
- Maps of Rome, Public Transport Lines
- Free WiFi
For any information, please send us a message
Take a look at our infopoint
BOOK NOW YOUR BIKE OR MINICAR
Follow the steps below and make your reservation. For any further assistance or information send us a message here.
- On February (from 24th Jan to 20th Feb) since S. Callisto Catacombs are on winter break you will have to ride the first part of the Appian Way with cars up to the beginning of the traffic free area or you will need to ride across the Caffarella Valley to reach the pedestrian area
- On Wednesday since S. Callisto Catacombs are closed you will have to ride the first part of the Appian Way with cars up to the beginning of the traffic free area or you will need to ride across the Caffarella Valley to reach the pedestrian area
- On Monday some of the monuments are closed: Circus and Villa of Massenzio, Tomb of Cecilia Metella, Quintili’s Villa
Get Ecobike By Bus:
– Line 218 (running every 20 min) from Piazza San Giovanni (tube A line), bus stop San Giovanni (link a sito atac della fermata specifica)
– Line 118 (running every 30 min) from Circo Massimo (tube B line) or Piazza Venezia
(link a sito atac della fermata specifica)
Both lines stop close to our office, at the bus stop “Appia Antica/Domine Quo Vadis”.
– Lines 30express (that runs only from monday to saturday), 714 and 715 : get off at the bus stop Cristoforo Colombo/Bavastro or Cristoforo Colombo/Circonvallazione Ostiense, take Circonvallazione Ardeatina through the park and after 5 min walk you will get in our office at 60, Via Appia Antica.
Get to EcoBike By Bike:
To get here you can ride on the cycle path that runs along Via Cristoforo Colombo, then you can take Circonvallazione Ardeatina. The tourists office is at the end of the path that will take you on Via Appia Antica.
Get to EcoBike By Car:
You can get here by car every weekday except Sundays and Holidays because the Appia Antica is closed to traffic.
Free parking available in Via Appia Antica 50.